Ben Steed

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32227
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 04/22/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 25: mostly 1.5-2.5 lbs, 6-7 between 4-5 lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait, Whopper Plopper, Soft Plastic

Buddy and I fished this place a few years ago where we left catching a lot of fish, but the grass was so bad we could hardly get off the bank.  That has changed, at least for my trip this past Friday.  Still significant grass below surface, and maybe it starts to spread (water is clear), but at least you could fish the entire lake again.  And of course it was windy, like the rest of April has been…

Got on the lake around 9:45.  Was just me on the boat with a transom mount trolling motor, and as windy as it was, I didn’t spend much time on the damn end of the main lake.  I would go a little ways around towards the creek, anchor down and fish 360, then move on.  Most fish caught between the second peninsula and the end of the creek. 

Tried a little bit of everything when I stopped, but caught every single fish on a dark green chatterbait with a weed guard and green KVD grub trailer.  Caught 25 in all, mostly in the 1.5-2.5 pound range, with about 6-7 in the 4-5 pound range. 

Tried the smaller lake that comes with the reservation on the way out, but it got so windy I didn’t give it much effort so I called it around 4 pm.