May 01 2022

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32431
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 04/30/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8
Lures Used : Chatter Baits, Swim Jigs, and Deps Scat!

Likely one of my favorite properties because it’s so convenient for me to really fish at any time – I work and live near the property so it’s extremely convenient. It’s also extremely easy to bank fish so I also love using this site as a place to practice new lures and techniques.

I caught a handful of largemouth and only 1 was below the limit to cull. Otherwise everything else was healthy and north of 3 pounds! Biggest of the day was close to 4 pounds. Caught all over the place – none were really centered to any specific spot. It’s getting to those warmer days and saw two snakes – they looked to be garter snakes and broadbanded watersnakes. They don’t bother me at all so it wasn’t a worry.

Saw tons of activity around the more shallow spots – looked to be some of the bigger bass doing some dancing on beds but tossing into their mix didn’t yield any results.

The grass is starting to thicken up, and it looks like Angel Lake is in desperate need of a few good hard days of rain to fill the water level back up to some of those fuller days that I have seen. This might be the lowest I have personally seen.

Great little big-pond / small-lake to wander around for some relaxation!