Tim O'Connor

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32512
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/09/2022 All Day - 05/09/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 20+
Lures Used : Squarebill, frogs, green/black fluke, pumpkinseed senko

Took a neighbor who is considering joining the club and this turned out to be the best advertisement ever for PWF.  Started about 8 on Comanche and things were slow, the spots I know weren't working. The wind was as stout as ive seen it, which may have had an impact.

We moved to the upper lake and I immediately got slammed on a frog.  I'll call it about 4 lbs. Had a couple more good sized ones, but then I lost it in the dead forest.  We  moved to the lower lake after mourning the loss of my faux amphibian. 

My friend started catching bass on a blue/white squarebill and never stopped.  Every cast brought in a clone of the last one. We were down by the dam/spillway and he  just got into a school of 15 to 2.5 lb bass.   I started flipping the green fluke  in there and they hammered it every other cast.  It was shredded and they were still hitting it.  If i knew how to set a hook id be dangerous.   

I say 20 but frankly lost count.  We finally took a break and he let me pitch the squarebill (it was mine and I think he felt bad about burying me) while he tried the fluke. I got one more bass and finished with 2 crappie.  

Only downer was I lost a pair of sunglasses in that grove of trees at Comanche.  If any PWF member finds them before my wife finds out I lost them there will be a big reward. She's already a bit cranky because she got a trolling motor for Mother's day.  I could've sworn I heard her say that's what she wanted. 

All in all a windy, hot, perfect day.   Who'd a thunk it.  

May 10 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Glad the prospective member had an awesome day!

Considering the female calculus, I’d have to suspect a trolling motor would be better than let’s say, a vacuum cleaner or dishwasher – but in all three cases your gift for father’s day might be the offer to return to sleeping in the bedroom vs on the couch.