Nice day on Lake Side

May 14 2022

Tim Morgan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32611
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 05/13/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 total - mostly 1.5-3 pounds, one was 6 lb. 11 oz., 3 culls
Lures Used : Yellow/white spinner, wacky worms - various colors, shad color shallow running Rapala

Lake Side is a beautiful property – the cabin and the pier look very inviting and immaculately maintained.  The water was clear to about 18” with moss around the banks and down deep.  The south wind was about 10-15 mph until 6 pm.  I started fishing around 1:45 near the dam with no success.  I moved to the south end of the lake and then along the west side and caught 3 on spinner bait and 6 on wacky rigged worms (color did not seem to matter).  I took a break around 4:00 and resumed fishing around 5:00 – the first hour was very slow and as the wind died down, I tried a topwater buzz bait and frog with no success.  I switched to a shad color shallow running Rapala and had some success – including a nice 6 lb 11 oz from the west side of the lake.  All fish were caught in the south and west sides of the lake.  All in all, it was a fun day and I would fish here again. For what it’s worth, the jon boat was adequate for me, but two people would make for an interesting balancing act.