TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32569
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/14/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16
Lures Used : Swim jig, chatterbait, rage bug, worm, rattletrap, crankbait

The family was out so it was back to Pecan Springs Ranch for me. It has been a couple of months since the last outing. I wanted to check on post spawners. Launched around 7 am and it was calm. Water temp was right at 80 degrees and clarity was around 18”. The water level looked at least 3’ low. The ramp looked way out of the water but it handled my boat with no issue. I started out throwing the zara spook. Had a dink slammed my bait like it was his last meal. See pic haha. Switched to a rattletrap with no luck. There were a lot of blow ups all morning on the water. Tried throwing a senko with no luck. Tried throwing a trig worm with no luck. The crankbait was picking up dinks. No luck with the chatterbait this go around. Finally, I was slow rolling a Trig 4.5” rage bug. Then bam! I started picking up solid bass in 2’-5’ of water. They were hammering the bug either on the drop or when I started winding. I still can’t get how hard these bass fight. They would surge in the grass or under the boat and would not give up. Luckily, I was using 30# braid on this rod. I think I had a good morning for this property. Thank you owner and PWF!