Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32037
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/12/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : All between 2-5 pounds
Lures Used : Top water frogs and TX rigged salamanders

Got there early and the frog bite was not as good as I thought.  However, it was so calm as the sun was coming up that when the bass hit, it was a wonderful adrenaline rush.  We started throwing chatter baits and moving baits and had limited success.  Once we started throwing the 8” Zoom Salamander, it was good action all day.  They must hate those little lizards.  Like most fishing stories, we lost the two biggest of the day at the boat trying to land them. Take a net because you will need one.  

May 16 2022

Matt Anderson

Fry

Number of Posts :

I’m heading out there on Friday, what color Zoom Salamander were you catching them on?

May 16 2022

Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Matt Anderson

I’m heading out there on Friday, what color Zoom Salamander were you catching them on?

We tried all the colors but green pumpkin with the red flake was the winner by far.  In fact when we got on em, we would switch colors just to confirm  that the other kinds did not work..they did not.  Tue water was cloudy so assuming that's still the case, go with that color to start.  Also, our best bites were near the cattails, the lay downs and the feeders.  Cast toward the bank and pull it back slow and booooom.  Good luck and tight lines !!!

May 17 2022

Matt Anderson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Samuel Mitchell

We tried all the colors but green pumpkin with the red flake was the winner by far.  In fact when we got on em, we would switch colors just to confirm  that the other kinds did not work..they did not.  Tue water was cloudy so assuming that's still the case, go with that color to start.  Also, our best bites were near the cattails, the lay downs and the feeders.  Cast toward the bank and pull it back slow and booooom.  Good luck and tight lines !!!

Thank you, looking forward to it as long as the rain holds off!  Supposed to be 20-30 mph winds also.  ๐Ÿ™„

May 17 2022

Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thank you, looking forward to it as long as the rain holds off!  Supposed to be 20-30 mph winds also.  ๐Ÿ™„

This place should be sheltered from most of the wind gusts. Start early and stay late if you can because when it turns on it reallllly comes on. Have fun.  

Jun 01 2022

Matt Anderson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Samuel Mitchell

Maybe it was just bad timing a couple weeks ago but I couldn’t get a bite on most things including the Green Pumpkin Red flake lizards above.  Were you just weightless hooking them weedless, where on the lake were you catching them on these?  I’m heading back out there in a couple weeks.

Jun 02 2022

Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Maybe it was just bad timing a couple weeks ago but I couldn’t get a bite on most things including the Green Pumpkin Red flake lizards above.  Were you just weightless hooking them weedless, where on the lake were you catching them on these?  I’m heading back out there in a couple weeks.

We were TX rigging, 4/0 hook with 3/8oz weight.  Dragging them real slow.  Most of the catches were when we cast toward the shore and pulled it back about 3-5 feet or so.  The best luck was on the far side, so if standing on the main dock looking across the lake…that side.  Shade was also key for us.  Now the water was turned over and I don't know what that's about but from my previous times at signal, it did seem to slow the fishing.  Tight lines dude.