Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32207
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 05/24/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 Bass, up to 4lbs.
Lures Used : Rat-L-Traps, Spinnerbaits, Senkos, Generals, & Trick Worms

Fished the bluffs yesterday with my wife.  We fished from 9am to 1pm between the rain as much as possible.  It started to rain lightly as we were leaving.  The wind was blowing and with the overcast, I expected a decent reaction bite.  It was a slow pick on Rattle Baits and Spinnerbaits for the first hour and a half or so.  We then switched to soft plastics and caught most of our fish from about 11am to 12:30pm.  We each had one right at 4lbs. All the Bass were fat and healthy.  Just great little fighters on the 8lb and 10lb Flouro we were using. The bite was just outside of the weedline on the back side of a couple of islands, in about 4 to 5 feet.  We saw some fish chasing bait and working out in more open watrer but tossing baits around them didn’t yeild anything.  I fished the Frog for about 30 minutes around some grass in one area where we found a good long patch of it in calm water, but no bites, although I hooked a giant Bullfrog.  I had an epic day of Frog fishing at another property a couple of weeks ago and thought I’d get that here, but I think the wind and the front coming in put that bite off.  I’ll be back here in the near future looking to find where the big girls went as my previous trips yeilded more big ones than what we saw yesterday, but it was still a great few hours of fishing on this aweseom porpery.