Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32648
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/30/2022 All Day - 05/30/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 LMB: 5lbs x 1, 3-4lbs x 2, 2-3lbs x 32
Lures Used : Swimbait, wacky worm

Camped the night before near the back lake & on the water by 7am on the large lake. Fished primarily swimbaits, with and without underspin, in both shallow arms on the south end then down the west bank with good success before lunch. My son caught his first 3lbs bass! He hooked and landed a an even larger piece of wood, which he hillariously pretended was a giant bass (pictured below) LOL. Wind picked up significantly after lunch and made finesse fishing almost impossible when the bite slowed.

My kiddo decided to take a nap and I decided to launch the boat on the back lake. Only used an oar since the vegetation is either matted or 12-18 inches below the surface in the majority of the lake. Got two blow ups on a frog, but excitedly tried to set the hook too early and missed. Caught two tossing a weedless wacky rigged worm into holes in the mat. Almost had third, which felt like a giant, snap the line after fighting for about 30 seconds. Last catch in the back lake was 5lbs chunk. Did the best I could with pics since I was alone in the both. 

The entire property is gorgeous and we had a wonderful time camping and fishing. My oldest kid was literally jumping for joy at the end of this trip. PWF continues to help my family and friends make life-long memories while fishing! 

Jun 02 2022

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Glad you had a great trip there, that lake has been a great performer all year.  We love hearing about the great memories our members make with friends and family, that is really what it is all about!

Jun 03 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Glad you had a great trip there, that lake has been a great performer all year.  We love hearing about the great memories our members make with friends and family, that is really what it is all about!

I agree 100%, Scott! 

Jun 05 2022

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Loved your story and pics. What a wonderful bonding experience