Things to Consider

Jun 02 2022

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

I went twice this week. First off, the ramp is pretty choked up with grass. You’ll need a way to get out of it and a trolling motor isn’t going to cut it. Bring a paddle. I used my outboard, but still had to get in the water to push out far enough to trim the motor down. The area in front of the cove to right is the first area without a ton of grass so save time and head over there. The bass were pretty gung ho til aroung 11 both days, but as soon as I was feeling hot, they were tight lipped. I got bored yesterday with no bites for a while and I drove around looking at the electronics. A few bass were hanging out in 20 ft water over by where there is a little point on the south bank, but they were down in grass and my crankbaits couldn’t come through it withour fouling. Near the stump in the middle there were a lot of fish down in the grass. I tried a shallow glide bait and got a lot of followers and a bite, but it was difficult to find anywhere clear enough to work a bait. As others have said you could throw small finesse baits in the holes. For both trips I ended up with an eight, a six, two five pounders, and a bunch of threes, all in 15 foot or deeper. FYI there is a dead nutria in the back and you can smell it from across the lake.