Dwayne Rowe

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32873
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 06/04/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 46 bass-only 1 dink up to 5.5 lbs
Lures Used : Texas Rig, Wacky, Swim Jig, Cranks, Top Water

I booked Timber Lake on Cole’s advice. Cole also advised me on what lures, colors, and techniques to use at Timber Lake. My wife tells me I’m not a very good listener, so I guess something went horribly wrong because I listened to Cole and had an incredible day of fishing. Thanks, Cole!

Everything was right with the weather, the cloud cover, the wind, and the temperature. All were ideal. Whites, Chartreuse, Silver, and Bright Pink were the colors of the day. The fish were deep holding to the timber. We didn’t catch any fish off the shoreline. All the fish were at least 20-30 feet off the shore but would rise to top water or take a Texas Rig from the bottom. The are plenty of beefy bass with bad attitudes in this lake!     

We also had an opportunity to meet the land owner, or as he said, his wife owns the land and lets him work there. Patrick was very friendly, even giving me his number if we had any issues at the boat ramp. Luckily the ramp is in good shape, so we had no problems.  

Jun 07 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Last 2 times we were there the water level was down 3-4 feet. It was bone dry under that huge metal cover next to the bank. When the lake is full, there is anywhere from 2-3 feet of water under it!  We caught several 2-4 lb. bass on frogs under it when the lake was full.