Saturday, June 4th, Six-O Cleburne - major harvest with a couple good ones

Jun 06 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32818
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/04/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 66 total - 56 harvested and 10 released (up to 5.0 lbs)
Lures Used : Most effective were: swim jig with paddletail trailer, curly tail t-rig worm, hard jerkbait, straight shaky head worm

Pam and I and fellow member, David Felton, had the pleasure of fishing Six-O under nice conditions on Saturday – dare I say that the wind was not a factor at Six-O...that doesn’t happen often. Weather was nice for the first half of the day with clouds and mild, comfortable conditions. The afternoon brought bright skies and plenty of heat. Six-O was mayber 4 or 5 ft low (they didn’t get any of the rain from the night before either) and water temps were 74 to 79. Weeds are growing pretty agressively out to 11FT deep because of the clarity as well. Overall a wonderful day – good action on the harvesters for the first half of the day – slowed a little in the afternoon. Besides the “unders”, Pam caught a 5.0 on a t-rig and David landed a 4.65 on a t-rig. Additionally, we boated 3 more that were between 2 and 3 lbs. Most effective baits were: swim jig with paddletail trailer, curly tail t-rig worm, hard jerkbait, straight shaky head worm (in bluegill, green pumpkin, or shad patterns). The majority of the bites came from the points and coves on the northern end of the lake, opposite the launch.

Had a chat with owner/Ted and he was very hospitable and glad were having a good time.

Bummer of the Day! We mistakenly placed new iPhone on lid of tackle box...you guessed it...in a hurry, flipped open the tackle box without really looking – iPhone overboard in 10+ FT of water, etc. Add me to the list of those who’ve sent their phones to a watery PWF grave!

Mark