Kirk Housewright

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32876
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 06/10/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 60 plus / Up to 4.5
Lures Used : Spinners, worms, lizards, buzz Baits

We all had a great time on the lake despite the 100 degrees.  I had 2 over 4lbs and one of the boys that flew in from Colorado caught his personal best at 4 pound 5 oz.  Most of the fish were caught on spinner baits of all colors.  From 3-5 while the others napped in the shade, I caught close to 15 on a shorter curly tailed worm texas rigged on the edge of the grass on the North East end.  In the evening, the spinner bait bite was on for everyone.  Overall, everyone caught at least 5 fish with 2 of us catching over 25 each.  We had no problems catching them all over the lake including one last cast after we packed up and were about to drive out.  

Jun 15 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Excellent report. It shows that skill/technique has much to do with success. This is why it can be difficult to gage a lake strickly by a recent fishing reports. We have some really talented anglers and some folks who are just learning. On the same day on the same lake some anglers will catch 25 and others will catch 5. Our goal and hope is that the new angler who caught just 5 was tickled as he likely has been “zeroed” at a public lake a time or two.

I took two of my college friends who are not anglers to Fairfield and they each caught 20 to 25 bass in a half day by blind casting a chatterbait. It was the best day of bass fishing either of them had ever had. Most all the fish were 2 to 4.25 lbs and for both of them this was their PB. It felt great to help two buddies have such a great time. I’m usually fishing with more experienced anglers, but it put things in perspective about how great PWF is. Make lifelong memories for others!