Jun 17 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32986
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 06/16/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 39
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Chatterbait, big swim baits, Wacky rig senko, swim jig

First visit...I wasn't expecting much out of 6 acres but this little pond surprised me from the get-go. I fished from 4-8 pm. It was about 100 degrees but nicely the breeze and fish catching kept me cool. Water temp was 85 and clarity was around 2'. The ramp dropped out in front of the dam. Launching the 14’ jon boat & trailer was easy. There were water from 6-10’ of prime fishing in the biggest area of the pond right off the launch and 2 shallow grassy coves from 1-4’. I had concentrated on the wind blown points and banks to catch most of the fish. The hydrilla/moss grew thick so be prepared to try different baits. I generally have my ‘go to’ baits, and they were dialed in. The fishing was spectacular from the 6 acres to say the least. Don't judge a book by its cover. I ended up with 39 bass, 2 culls which were just under 14", and biggest up to 21". Wow, great small fishery. My arms were worn out by the end of my trip, haha. Thank you Angel lake owner and PWF!

Jun 17 2022

Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

This would be fantastic in ideal conditions but with the grass limiting the fishing area and the heat  your results were amazing !!! You and your family have always produced great results. Your comments on Alysha have always guided me. Thank you

Jun 18 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joe V. Smith

This would be fantastic in ideal conditions but with the grass limiting the fishing area and the heat  your results were amazing !!! You and your family have always produced great results. Your comments on Alysha have always guided me. Thank you

Hi Joe, thanks for the nice comment and vice versa! I’m always happy to see grass on a lake, but with Angel lake it would definitely limit the fishing. Glad the water was up because the fish were biting shallow too. The heat didn’t seem to make them lethargic whatsoever. They wore my arms out! lol