Jun 19 2022

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33006
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/18/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 up to 4lbs
Lures Used : Tried plopper at day break, swim bait, crank, and wacky. Only caught fish on a t-rigged Yum Dinger

Slowish morning but did catch 6 in 4 hours. Then it just got too hot. I loved the small pontoon boat and this would be awesome for 2 people. Would have been an excellent day with a net. I had a 7+ to the boat, that normally I’d net. But I lost my net few weeks back and knew my wife had gotten me one for fathers day tomorrow. So got the fish to the boat and stupidly decided to just try and lift it in. I should have lipped it, but I’m always a little nervous lipping fish when I’m by myself. So I tried to swing it over and when it got out of the water, the dead weight broke the line. I think the line had gotten run against the boat and probably frayed a bit as it was 15lb Invisix and shouldn’t break. I’ve caught maybe a dozen 7+ and 2 8’s and this fish was in that class. Bit me on the point straight across from the launch. Only caught one shallow, rest were in 15-20 fow. And they just wouldn’t touch a moving bait. The grass in this lake looks fantastic, but the bass were out deeper. I’m thinking this will be a fantastic lake in the spring and fall.