Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32458
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 06/18/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32 Bass; 10 crappie
Lures Used : chatterbait; crankbait; shaky head

I fished Frannies Lake on 06/18/22, starting at sunrise and ending at about 4 because of the heat.  I caught 32 bass, with 9 removed, top five at 28.8, including three 6s, two 5s and mutliple 4s.  The crappie were also very active, hitting the lure multiple times as I let it drop to the bottom, with some getting hooked and removed.  All the big fish were caught in the zone of the concrete overflow to the third stump.

Jun 19 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

What a great day, Greg! Can’t wait until I make it out to Frannies too. 

Jun 21 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Merlin Talley

What a great day, Greg! Can’t wait until I make it out to Frannies too. 

Hey Greg-

This is my fourth time to Frannies. My last trip was the end of May. What time of day did you catch the bigger fish? So, they were in that deeper water around the concrete overflow? That is where we saw several largefish on our electronics last time. Best lures to use????

Thanks for your help!

Jun 21 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey Greg-

This is my fourth time to Frannies. My last trip was the end of May. What time of day did you catch the bigger fish? So, they were in that deeper water around the concrete overflow? That is where we saw several largefish on our electronics last time. Best lures to use????

Thanks for your help!

Jun 21 2022

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Hey Greg-

Thanks for your help!

Hi Charles, the top 5 bass were caught as follow:

1.  6:45am, first fish, 6.1 lbs, second stump from concrete overflow; white chatterbait with 4.8 keitech.
  2. 7ish, 5.3 lbs, third stump furthest from concrete overflow, white chatterbait with 4.8 keitech.
  3. 10:30, 6lbs, concrete overflow, crankbait.
  4. 11ish, 5.4, crankbait.
  5. 2:00, 6lbs, first stump from concret overflow, shaky head.

They seemed to be right next to the overflow or stump and there seemed to be schools of crappie present when they bit.  There was virtually no wind most of the day, bright sky, little cloud cover and very hot.

Good luck!

Jun 22 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Zimmerman

Hi Charles, the top 5 bass were caught as follow:

1.  6:45am, first fish, 6.1 lbs, second stump from concrete overflow; white chatterbait with 4.8 keitech.
  2. 7ish, 5.3 lbs, third stump furthest from concrete overflow, white chatterbait with 4.8 keitech.
  3. 10:30, 6lbs, concrete overflow, crankbait.
  4. 11ish, 5.4, crankbait.
  5. 2:00, 6lbs, first stump from concret overflow, shaky head.

They seemed to be right next to the overflow or stump and there seemed to be schools of crappie present when they bit.  There was virtually no wind most of the day, bright sky, little cloud cover and very hot.

Good luck!

Greg-

Thanks for sharing. Looks like early morning is best. We spent most of our 6 hours fishing from the dam to mid-lake. There seemed to be nothing in the shallow end or “fingers”part. I will try the white color this time for sure, we had decent success on black/blue chatterbaits last trip. You’re right the heat is brutal! I think we have decided that 3:00 is our last cast. No need to get heat stroke, the bass will still be there when the weather cools off. lol