Good Day at West Lake summer pattern in full swing

Jun 21 2022

Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32864
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 06/19/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12/ 2.5Lbs to 5.8 lbs.
Lures Used : Frogs and swim bait with paddle tail and cajun bug

Wife and I fished the afternoon of the 20th.  Very hot day with thunderstorms in the area.  We chose to fish the West Lake and got on the water about 4:00.  Once on the lake I would say almost half is not fishable as it is covered in weeds.  The open water is from the dam to about the middle of the lake.  We had pretty steady fishing like every 30-40 would catch a nice fish.  They all were in about 8-12 feet of water, a few in the middle of the lake.  Very healthy fish and really fought.  Crazy thing is they stopped biting around 7:00 pm.  THunderstoms cooled it down by that time would have thought the bite would have been on.  Had a cool experience which I have never seen before.  Brought my swim bait in on a cast looked down to make sure it was acting correctly and from the depths this big and I mean big bass came stright up and opened its mouth and then at the last nano second (must have seen me) it turned away, dang!   Anyway beautiful lake next time we will try East Lake.  Thanks to land owner for allowing us to fish the lakes.

Jun 21 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I was emailing with Charles McCallum the other day talking about bass behaviour. My comment: “Imagine an engineer and an attorney trying to figure out what's going on with an animal that has the brain size of a pea and still coming up empty…”