Saturday, July 2nd @ Henderson, DLE-East (mostly harvestors, always enjoy this lake)

Jul 04 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33091
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: East Lake
Reservation Date : 07/02/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 / dinks to 5.15lbs
Lures Used : Most effective were: curly tail t-rig, power worm c-rig, paddletail flashy swimmer, swim jig, hard jerkbait

Pam and I fished DLE-East on Saturday. We were at the lake most of the day from 7AM on, but sat out 3 hours of rain, yes RAIN, but mainly because of the lightning – not worth the risk. We really enjoyed the “forced camping” in the back of the 4Runner and watching the rain. Such a nice break from the recent weather. Pam caught a 5.15lber with the head of an 8lber right off the bat (I should have measured the length too), but we really couldn’t find the larger fish the rest of the day. We kept busy with harvestors on-and-off – they were chasing bait and surfacing much of the day.

We covered a good portion of the lake, but the most activity was the in middle to lower end. We boated 22 and harvested 19 of those. Most effective lures were: curly tail t-rig, power worm c-rig, paddletail flashy swimmer, swim jig, and hard jerkbait – mostly in green pumpkin and shad colors. AND I don’t usually say this, but we lost so many fish – I’m sure mostly harvestors, but man, they were just not committing to the bite at all, so we lost several at or near the boat, or just never solidly hooked. The lake was full and looked really healthy with about 2FT of viz and the vegetation is very much maintained with grass carp and the cloudy water. The water temps were around 85F all day.

We met the “new-ish” owner Dave – he was friendly and welcoming! Sure enjoyed another PWF outing!

Mark

Jul 04 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice report Mark and that bass does have a massive head. From the pictures the boat looks pretty wide, is that the club boat or you bring your own?

Jul 05 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Nice report Mark and that bass does have a massive head. From the pictures the boat looks pretty wide, is that the club boat or you bring your own?

Thanks Mike. Yes, that is the club boat. Even with the change of ownership of the estate over the last year or so, the same decked john boat is available. Not sure, I think it is a Tracker 1648 possibly. So it is nice and wide and stable. It should be in the water with two charged batteries and a hand-controlled, bow-mounted trolling motor. 

Tight lines!