Jason Goth

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33206
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/09/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 bass and 1 catfish
Lures Used : Senko

Super hot day so I thought I would get out early.  I started at 6:30a with some topwaters (Booyah buzzbait, Rapala Skitter Walk, and a Booyah Frog).  I threw along the dam and over the grass on the NE side for about 15 minutes each with only 1 swing and a miss.  About 7:30 I tried a swim bait, a fluke, and a Bomber A crankbait.  Each around the dam and SW side.  Got 1 nice bass (2.5 lb) on the Bomber A in Green Pearl Shad color.  By  9:00a it is was already 90+ deg.  So, I moved to the brushpiles and started fishing the bottom with a football jig, senko, and texas rigged power worm.  I got 6 more bass + 1 big catfish (6 lbs) to take the watermelon senko.  5 of the bass were small (probably right @15in) and the other was just over 3lbs.   I tried a few different color senko and worms (black and blue, baby bass, motor oil, junebug).  But they would only take the watermelon.  By noon it was 103 and dead still – so I called it a day.

Pecan Srings is a really great property though.  Hard to believe I was just 30 mins from downtown Dallas.  I look forward to returning when the weather is a bit better.