Jim Lin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33018
Property Name : Riley Lake
Reservation Date : 07/08/2022 All Day - 07/10/2022 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 10, best was 6+ lbs
Lures Used : Wacky Rigged Senko, Carolina Rigged Roboworm, Topwater, Jigs

Brought the family for a nice relaxing weekend. I was the only one going for bass. The kids just bobber fished off the Bass buggy and dock for Bluegills (endless supply). I went out in the kayak and fished early mornings and evenings, since daytime temps were over 100. Bass definitely weren’t in much of a feeding mood since the lake was bathwater warm, but I was able to get 10 over the weekend. One of them was a monster (pictured) but my scale’s battery died so I didn’t get to weigh her. Released after I took the pic. I would say at least a 6 though (all others not culled were around 2.5-3)! Caught some in the early morning on topwater, but the rest of them were down deep (dragging a Carolina rig or slow fishing a wacky rigged Senko). Love that this lake isn’t weed choked, so fishing the bottom was pretty easy. 

The cabin was wonderful. Clean and updated with all the necessary amenities, and a gorgeous view of the lake. Just note that there’s hardly any phone signal (at least for ATT), so just be prepared to be a little disconnected from the world while staying here (which isn’t a bad thing). If you really need signal, you can catch 2 bars at the opposite end of the lake across from the cabin. 

Would definitely come back. Already thinking about a fall trip when the water temps cool and the bass are in a feeding mood again!

Jul 13 2022

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Congrats Jim, that is a beautiful fish, looks like a 6+ to me!  Glad you and family enjoyed your weekend there, that cabin setup is really hard to beat.