David Furnace

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33258
Property Name : Bridle Oaks Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/16/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4, all 16”-17”
Lures Used : Pop-Rs

Took my grandson fishing for the first time this morning.  I fished for the first 5 minutes to show him how to cast, work the lure, etc.  Caught 2 16” bass right away.  Spent the next 1.5 hours working with him.  Most of the time was spent untangling him and trying to get the lure far enough in the water to find a fish.  Normal stuff for a five year old.  He caught a nice bass and was delighted.  I got a little fishing in at the end and caught another 16” bass.  

I've now been to Bridle Oaks three times, teaching 3 of my grandsons to fish.  It is a great property for doing that.  They have caught nice fish each time and are well on their way to learning to love fishing.  Also, the quantities reflected in my reports are the result of 3 kiddos under 10 with no experience doing 90% of the fishing.  Don't let that deter you...this place has loads of fish.

We caught most of our fish off the dock or along the bank on the same side of the lake as the dock (west side) generally 10’-20’ off the bank.

Jul 17 2022

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great report. The water on the dock side is the deepest water in the lake. Happy for your kids they have an involved Grandpa. That is who got me fishing .