TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33284
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 07/21/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27
Lures Used : Swim jig, chatterbait, trig 10" worm, crankbait, spinnerbait

I got to try my hand at Pecan Gap the afternoon of 7/21 and was hoping to enjoy some cooler weather predicted. Well it ended up being a hot 99 degrees, humid, and calm day. But luckily I had some success. Got on the water around 130 pm or so. The water temp was around 86-87 and clarity was 2’. I think the lake was down about 2’. I got to use the property’s pontoon, and it was nice & stable. It was more mobile than I expected. I was able to catch fish off the dam, brushpiles, points, rocks, and timber. I had no luck under the dock. I was only able to catch 1 off the humps which was unusual. Most of the fish came in 5’ or deeper. I ended up catching 27 bass with 5 dinks. The dinks hit it like they were bigger. The bigger ones smashed it like they were 8-9#. I had a 4# throttled my crank in the timber like it was a giant. It nearly took the rod out of my hand. Colors they hit were bluegill and shad. I think my body got worn out from the heat by 7 pm. I got to chit chat with the owner near the end of the day. We had a great conversation and he’s very positive with PWF!

Jul 22 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

27 bass in a ½ day at Pecan Gap is stellar. The lake is one of the best managed lakes in the club. Look at the bellies and body condition of those bass!! 

The owner is one of my favorites in the entire club. He is passionate about making his lake great and pours lots of money into the lake to make it great for our members. 

I would say this lake is likely not the best for inexperienced fisherman. Our more seasoned fisherman do well here and are often rewarded with 6-8 lbs bass. IMO, its a top 10 lake in the club if your after big fish. 

Jul 23 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

27 bass in a ½ day at Pecan Gap is stellar. The lake is one of the best managed lakes in the club. Look at the bellies and body condition of those bass!! 

The owner is one of my favorites in the entire club. He is passionate about making his lake great and pours lots of money into the lake to make it great for our members. 

I would say this lake is likely not the best for inexperienced fisherman. Our more seasoned fisherman do well here and are often rewarded with 6-8 lbs bass. IMO, its a top 10 lake in the club if your after big fish. 

Steve, the owner told me he recently put a bunch of F1 bass in the lake. I think they are now around the 2# size. He may also consider renting out the house on the property to PWF (wink wink) but currently it’s his get away place. It’s a pretty cool setup. The fishing is incredible. It’s not an easy lake. But if you put the time and effort in, it did certainly pay off. I wish I would have had a partner to come out in the spring. I have second thoughts of taking my wife out to harder level properties like Pecan Gap, Double-A, Black Hat, etc. Appreciate the input!

Jul 23 2022

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Steve, the owner told me he recently put a bunch of F1 bass in the lake. I think they are now around the 2# size. He may also consider renting out the house on the property to PWF (wink wink) but currently it’s his get away place. It’s a pretty cool setup. The fishing is incredible. It’s not an easy lake. But if you put the time and effort in, it did certainly pay off. I wish I would have had a partner to come out in the spring. I have second thoughts of taking my wife out to harder level properties like Pecan Gap, Double-A, Black Hat, etc. Appreciate the input!

Thanks for the report TRI.  That's a good haul on that lake. 

I've only fished it twice but it's one of my favorites.  It is a jig saw puzzle for sure.  There's a lot going on in that lake with humps, timber, fingers/points, rocks, etc, etc.  It’s fun to try and figure out and it will test you.  

Jul 24 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

Thanks for the report TRI.  That's a good haul on that lake. 

I've only fished it twice but it's one of my favorites.  It is a jig saw puzzle for sure.  There's a lot going on in that lake with humps, timber, fingers/points, rocks, etc, etc.  It’s fun to try and figure out and it will test you.  

Hey Chris, thanks and it's my second time too. For an 11 acre pond, it sure packs a punch. I can take a long time and fish each & every structure. Also, I would come back & refish the same structure and catch fish again after some time. Caught a 5# and 6# at separate times on the same structure. Again, great fishery for its size.