Jul 24 2022

Keith Stagg

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33286
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 07/23/2022 All Day - 07/23/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 73, a few dinks up to just under 5 pounds
Lures Used : Top water poppers, and mostly crank baits.

Top water bite was hot for maybe 1 hour. The next lure(crank bait) is what I fished the remainder of the day. Not sure how many each person caught but I caught 30 with a few sinks mixed in. This is the 3rd time dishing this lake and it has never disappointed. At 30 bass, it was the slowest day of the 3 and was still able to pull out 30 with several in the 3 pound range, one was 4’4” and the top spot came in at 4’14”.

Jul 24 2022

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Yes, I had a great time also. Most of my fish were between 2 and 3 lbs which is alot of fun. It was fun, but got HOT. I didn’t drink enough and got to where I was having to literally pry my fingers open from cramping of my hands. It got hard to reel and cast with that going on and started feeling weak, so finished fishing and left at 5pm, but still, worth going as I caught fish pretty consistant and caught multiple crappie also. Out of 16 bass caught, only 4 were culls. 
i will be back! Most wereon a 7’ deep Fritside Crankbait but caught a few on fluke, whacky worm also.

Jul 25 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

You guys wore them out. Good job. 

Jul 26 2022

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

Yes, I had a great time also. Most of my fish were between 2 and 3 lbs which is alot of fun. It was fun, but got HOT. I didn’t drink enough and got to where I was having to literally pry my fingers open from cramping of my hands. It got hard to reel and cast with that going on and started feeling weak, so finished fishing and left at 5pm, but still, worth going as I caught fish pretty consistant and caught multiple crappie also. Out of 16 bass caught, only 4 were culls. 
i will be back! Most wereon a 7’ deep Fritside Crankbait but caught a few on fluke, whacky worm also.

Here is a video of some of the fish caught.

Jul 26 2022

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

Here is a video of some of the fish caught.

Forgot to mention that there is a large downed tree that fell across the drive to the lake right in front of the house. We talked to the owner and he asked us to take the detour around the back side of the house instead of the front where the map says to stay in the front side of the house. Looks like the tree has been down a little while so not sure when it will be removed but just a warning to others.