Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33443
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 08/13/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 LMB; 14 culls
Lures Used : Chatterbait; senko

I fished Lake Side, Martins Mill, on August 13, 2022, from 6:30am to 3:30pm, with an hour break for lunch.  Lake Side is fishing well.  Water looks fertile with clarity at about 18 inches.  I caught 38 LMB with 14 culls and 24 returned. The top five fish were 31.74 lbs, with the other 19 a healthy mix between 15 inches – 20 inches.  The top two fish had a relative weight of about 110%.  The top five:

1.  7.92 lbs, 23 ½ “, seven-inch senko, under the dock, at 9:13am.

2.  7.52 lbs, 22 ½ “, chatterbait, first marked brush pile S of dock, at 11:10am.

3.  6.2 lbs, chatterbait, first marked brush pile S of dock, at 1:00pm.

4.  5.4 lbs, chatterbait, first marked brush pile S of dock, at 1:05pm.

5.  4.7 lbs, chatterbait, between the two marked brush piles in SW arm, at 7:07am.

I also caught, but did not land, the 7.92 at 8:50am.  I made a good skip of a seven-inch senko under the dock and it came down right next to the middle dock piling.  The big fish grabbed it and I was able to get her out from under the dock.  She jumped once and looked massive, made a nice run to the deeper water, I got her to the boat, I had the net in the water, but she surprised me with another jump at the boat and threw the hook with that heavy seven-inch senko.  The fish slowly swam off back towards the dock.  Naturally, I was devastated at losing the fish and, like a typical weekend angler, I convinced myself that it was the biggest fish that I had ever seen and that it was a 12lber.  I waited about 20 minutes, then made another skip cast under the dock and a fish grabbed it immediately.  I did a power set of the hook but the fish immediately shook free. The hook came back with a piece of fish mouth on it.  Third cast was another nice skip to the middle dock piling.  The strike was hard, hook set was good and I got her out of the dock.  She jumped once and I recognized her as the same fish that I previously lost, but this time the fish was a little tired, I didn’t mess around and she was quickly in the net.  First, how rare and unusual is it to get three chances to catch a big fish like that?  Second, the ones that get away are never as big as I think. 

Aug 14 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Helluva a bag, and great perseverance! Nice work! 

Aug 15 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great Report Greg. 

Aug 17 2022

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

What a great report! And even better determination to keep going for that good hookset!

So cool – thanks for sharing the report and photos!

Aug 18 2022

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

What a great report! And even better determination to keep going for that good hookset!

So cool – thanks for sharing the report and photos!

Great ¾ day on the water especially in August in TX.