Skunked

Aug 25 2022

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Got on the water around seven. First cast I caught some grass, but noticed I had a follower. Picked up my largest bait and made a couple casts as I was drifting away from the ramp. I stopped the bait about five feet away the boat and watched it sink for a second. As I lofted it from th water I saw a very solid fish dart at it, see me, then swim away. And that was it. Not a bite, not a follow (that I saw) for the rest of my time there. I wasn't surprised as it has been tough since summer started.

Good news is the grass has cleared up and you can fish the whole lake again. Bad news, it's still think enough to ruin finesse fishing and you'll  be picking it off your bat all day.

The road had brush laying on it now where the power company trimmed it. The road itself is so bad now that I trim my motor up before driving in and my trailer bottoms out both ways. It's unavoidable, but not so bad that I won't risk it to get to fish. If you aren't riding spacers or a lift I wouldn't try going down there too fast.

Lastly, close th gaye behind you. I usually don't since there isn't any livestock, but I learned my lesson. I always hear four wheelers out there when I go and it turns out there's some four wheel park right by the water. Some clowns drove right up to my truck while I was on the boat and then again as I was leaving.