Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33798
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/11/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8, most under 13" and one close to 3 pounds
Lures Used : Swimbaits, Chatterbaits, Ned Rig

This place is slowly becoming one of my favorites in the property. Mostly due to proximity and the ease at which you can navigate this property and the entire lake.

I only had a few hours in the morning but it was a nice quiet morning out… until the wind swept in. The water levels are really high after all the recent rain in DFW so the property looked great. The water was really stirred up and it only got cloudier as the day went on. After a few hours the wind got so bad it was pretty hard to cast anywhere but with the wind. It was white-capping against the dam.

I hopped in the club boat and mostly circled the lake tossing towards the bank and reeling back towards the boat and didn’t have much luck. I eventually downsized my lures and techniques and started snatching undersized cull bass with a 1.5” rage bug on a ned rig just slow rolling it deep casting towards the middle of the lake. I had a monster crappie as well but he jumped right at the boat. I’ll keep practicing my net skills…

I did catch one near-three-pounder on a bigger swimbait near the boat launch area so that was the highlight of the day. It was near the old dock posts that were sticking out before the rain filled the lake back up.

All in all a great time out at Triple J!