Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33814
Property Name : Beaver Lake
Reservation Date : 09/15/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 LMB/ all 1-2 lbs
Lures Used : Plastic// Weightless Fluke, Ribbit Frog, Magic Shad, Swim Jigs

Fished Beaver Lake for the first time on Thursday afternoon….Tough lake coming off of the drought..Water was clear, low with heavy vegetation just at the surface level. Wrestling the Jon Boat launch coupled with the wind caused a “No Boat Launch” decision for this trip. I just didn’t want to fight the clog on the trolling motor & the wind..Bank fishing is currently not a good option due to water level & heavy vegetation at the lake perimeter. i decided to restrict my day to the dock where i was able to catch 5 bass at the 1-2 lb range, using Paddletail Swim Bait, Fluke , Ribbit Frog & Magic Shad. Casting as far as i could to the veg line is what it took for a bite.. After about 2 hours, i called it a day. Beaver is a nice looking lake and reports indicate high quanities of bass (1-3 lb range) can easily be caught however, due to current drought recovery conditions, a Kayak or a fishing partner to help fight the boat launch & vegetation would be the best options for finding those illusive veg-free pockets where that kind of bass action may be possible...I will try again in the Spring…..Good luck