Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33859
Property Name : Bremmond
Reservation Date : 09/25/2022 All Day - 09/25/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 up to about 5lb
Lures Used : Texas rig senko, wacky rigged senko, Squarebill

Fished Bremmond with my son on Sunday 9/25.  We drove in from south of Houston and we're on the water right at sun up to try and capitalize on the early bite.  That was a tremendous  waste of time and effort as we didn't get our first bite until almost 9am.  There was a bunch of surface activity early, but no bites on our poppers or anything else.  We eventually started catching them in the trees using black/blue senko on a Texas rig.  Just pitching it around the wood.  We picked up some others around the edges of the lake using squarebill.  Not really casting up to the bank, but far enough away that the squarebill wasn't touching bottom.  My son and I each caught one between 4-5 lbs.  Don't have exact weights since my scale wasn't working.  25 total with only 5 culls.  All fish fought really hard and we're fat and healthy.  
This was our first trip to this lake and we liked it a lot.  It needs some rain, but we will be back soon.  Next time we plan on doing a Saturday afternoon trip.  We have to pass through Lexington on the way up, so we are hoping to check out Snow’s BBQ in the morning and fish in the afternoon.