Tom Wright

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33887
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 09/25/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 - 17", 14" & 19"
Lures Used : Soft bait allowed to sink to bottom was the only successful lures

My grandson Cooper and I arrived at sunrise and stayed on the lake till noon.  No sooner had we taken the boat out when he caught a 17”, 1 ½ lbs bass near the pump on the dam.  This was a notable landmark because he hooked and landed the fish without help.  He was so proud. Then there seemed to be no other bite.  Cooper remained with his soft worm while I tried several different topwater jigs without results.  After trying the rest of the dam we moved around the corner and Coop pulled in a 14” bass (again all by himself).  It must have been at least every hour since Cooper reminded Grandpa that he’d caught two and I was being skunked.

As we were running out of time we decided to try the first catch location.  BOOM, grandpa catches a 19” 2 ½ pounder. Needless to say, we argued about who had the best day fishing.  It was fun despite the low catch number.

Lago Escondido’s water level is up from a month ago which I believe has more to do with the owner pumping water in than any rain.  For much of last month, the weed was on top and unnavigable. Now the level is about a foot above the weeds opening the property to more fishing opportunities.