Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33955
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/30/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 LMB/ 1 1/2
Lures Used : Fluke, Swimbait, Crankbait, Ribbit Frog, Swim Jig, TR Worm

First time at Triple J. Beautiful afternoon, Beautiful lake, Beautiful Jon Boat but not much action this trip. Tried just about everything in the box. Worked the perimeter pretty heavy but the only fish came at the North end shallows and it barely made the slot limit. Flukes, Swimbaits, Swimjigs, TR Worms and Crankbaits all came up short. i didn’t have the fishfinder so I will use that as an excuse. Other reports indicate a good deal of success at this property so I will obviously need to step up my game or just call it one of those days that the fish just didn’t want to come out and play. I will give them another chance to let me win the day….Very nice property..Good luck out there.

Oct 02 2022

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Historically I’ve caught 10-20 there with some decent size in the 4 range and an occaional 6. I’ve found the most and biggest relating to wood left of the launch on a t-rig but I know others catch in the north end creek channel. I just never have done well there. Try a black worm there next time. They do relate to wood for me there. I’ve only fished it once in the last 3 months and did not do that great. Maybe 8 or so with one at 4 lbs. But those fish don’t tend to chase until the last hour of the day. Then they’ll hit a swim bait or crank. Just my experience. They also have some big crappie that have hit my 3” swim bait on a flashy and a small crank. 

Oct 02 2022

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

Historically I’ve caught 10-20 there with some decent size in the 4 range and an occaional 6. I’ve found the most and biggest relating to wood left of the launch on a t-rig but I know others catch in the north end creek channel. I just never have done well there. Try a black worm there next time. They do relate to wood for me there. I’ve only fished it once in the last 3 months and did not do that great. Maybe 8 or so with one at 4 lbs. But those fish don’t tend to chase until the last hour of the day. Then they’ll hit a swim bait or crank. Just my experience. They also have some big crappie that have hit my 3” swim bait on a flashy and a small crank. 

Thanks Greg…I’ll soon give it another shot  and take your suggestions. I know they are there, it just wasn’t my day.

Kerry 

Oct 03 2022

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

The last few trips I had out there sound exactly like yours as well. I was really confused because of others having such confident success that I took a different approach and anchored midlake tossing ned rigs and slow rolling them back towards the boat. At the very least it was fun to scoop some fish – caught some monster crappie that were violently shaking all the way back to the boat. Also caught some LMBs that were just below the cull limit.

I hope to catch up to some of those folks scooping huge limits!!!

Oct 03 2022

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

The last few trips I had out there sound exactly like yours as well. I was really confused because of others having such confident success that I took a different approach and anchored midlake tossing ned rigs and slow rolling them back towards the boat. At the very least it was fun to scoop some fish – caught some monster crappie that were violently shaking all the way back to the boat. Also caught some LMBs that were just below the cull limit.

I hope to catch up to some of those folks scooping huge limits!!!

Thanks for the feedback Alex. I’m glad to hear that i may not be the only guy that has had a challenge at Triple J. I do think the property holds some good fish and it just wasn’t my afternoon. I will give it another try.