Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33967
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 10/01/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 total, 2 culled & 5 returned
Lures Used : Slow Rolling Craws and Spinnerbaits

I frequent Angel Lake often because I drive by it often for work purposes and it never fails to impress. There’s always something worth noting about this tiny little property. I had a half day to really get something going and averaged about a fish an hour so I am very pleased with that. All of the usual spots held the fish – all of the fish were relating to grass and 15-20 yards off the shore. I even saw/heard some major blow ups along the shorelines. It seems like the bass are starting to move to chase shallow bait.

Water levels were down lower than I have ever seen before but you can tell it was forcing the bass to be hunkered down in centralized areas so it made for easy picking. You could easily see the fish waking around – the hardest part was not scaring them when tossing in an area where you saw them circling around.

The 5 that I caught all fought hard and were really active swimmers. They all averaged right around 2.75-3 pounds.

The only sad spot of the morning was that I missed something with some ferocity. I cast a black and blue craw into a grassy area and as I was slow rolling it back towards me my slack rocketed tied, nearly yanked the rod out of my hand and once I got composure my knot popped clean. It was either fired up or big – or BOTH. Maybe next time.

As always, this property is so easy to walk around and get a decent bite in so I will keep coming back as long as it’s available!