Steady day at Brushy Creek - where the big girls at?!

Nov 05 2022

Matthew Peterson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34258
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 11/04/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 fish / 1-2 lbs
Lures Used : Majority of fish caught on weightless Texas rig and wacky rig green and/or junebug senkos fishing slow.. A few of fish on swim baits, jerk bait, and swim jig.

Steady morning on 11/4 as the front and rain came in 

Caught about 15 - all fish between 1-2 pounds with a couple dinks.  

Majority of fish caught on weightless Texas rig and wacky rig green and/or junebug senkos. A few of fish on swim baits, jerk bait, and swim jig.

All fish caught between boat ramp and final curve where creek opens into the main lake, most of the catches were on the southern bank, opposite of the windblown northern side.  

No luck around pretty much the entire perimeter of the main lake even though we saw lots of baitfish being chase up in the shallows of the main lake.  Also tried quite a few baits off the bottom and deeper water to try to find some bigger fish, but no luck. 

I fished the lake about a month ago with similar results on size and numbers.  I know the lake to be finicky for the bigger fish, if anyone has had any success, bigger ones lately, please drop me a line!

I hope the smaller fish are due to time of year and drought/water conditions; but am concerned there maybe some new pressure/poaching occurring that I wanted to make sure PWF and the property owners were aware of...

I totally understand that the lake is surrounded by neighborhoods and multiple landowners and have no issue with the residents coming down there and fishing… but this last trip I found a Gatorade bottle that had been set up as a jug or trot line (which I removed)… There also looks to be a newly worn vehicle path on the north side of the lake coming down from the trees behind the neighborhood. 

I love this lake and I hope this additional pressure is not impacting the quality of fish… Not sure if some no trespassing signs or painting post purple or something to be done... I am sure this is a challenging situation and I'd be happy to help with some work out there if any other members want to join in!

All in all a good day on the water and excited to get back out there again in the coming weeks!

Dec 01 2022

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Is the waterlevel up to the ramp again? I have been wanting to go, but I was toldthe ramp was high and dry.

Dec 02 2022

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

We actually don’t have exclusive access to this lake (only situation like this in the club), there is an HOA that has access to one section and another landowner that has access in addition to the landowner we lease from.  Here’s how we describe the situation on the property page on our website:

“Please note that this lake is not like other PWF properties, we can not guarantee you will be alone on this lake.  This reservation offers you a private boat launch area, Jon boat to use, and access to the lake but does not guarantee privacy as this lake has multiple owners.  If fishing with another person or persons is not what you are looking for, please book an alternate site.  We have decided to keep this lake as the fishing is outstanding and many members have requested that we keep the lake in our offering.  We are sorry that this does not fit our brand promise of being totally private.”