Jason Goth

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34247
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/01/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 LMB
Lures Used : Senko

NOTE: the GPS directions took me to the wrong place. I’ve fished here before and they worked fine, so not sure if it’s a Google or Phone problem.  But, just make sure GPS matches the directions above if you use it.  I followed the directions above and drove right to it.

I got a late start (8:30) due to the GPS issue above.  I started by the dam around to the dock and tried everything: topwater, frog, buzzbait, chatterbait, sqaurebill, DT6, swimbat and t-rig worm with no luck.  Tried swimbait, dropshot, and rattletrap for some I found suspended in the middle, but again, no luck.  

Much of the grass has died off, so, I tried the 2 brush piles up the opposite side of the dam with a Senko in baby bass and on the first cast, one almost took the rod out of my hand.  Was 5lbs.  For the next hour I caught 8.  The 5lb, a 4lb, a 3lb and 5 all around 2 lbs.  All on the same senko.  I tried other colors and jig, but they wouldn’t take anything but the baby bass.    Then, they shut off.  I tried the Senko around the other brush piles with no luck.  I got 2 about 1lb each under the dock with the Senko then had to leave about 2:00.

Nov 06 2022

Matthew Peterson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Nice job staying with it to figure out a way to get some solid fish… This is a helpful reminder to just keep going deeper in the tackle box and worm bag – thank you!