TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34320
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/10/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24
Lures Used : Crankbaits, Trig 10' worm, rage bug, rattletrap, flukes

I got to fish Six O from 1230- 500 pm on Thursday afternoon. Water clarity was 4-5’ and water temp was 69. The water level was probably still down at least 7’ from the picture. They will definitely need a lot of rain to fill Six O. The grass was prominent but fishable. It was sprinkling rain early and overcast the whole day. I did not really catch fish in the usual spots I had caught them earlier this year. Most of the fish were suspended and caught in 23’. I believe I was working a flat in between the boathouse and the west side along the creek of the northend of the lake. Everything caught was under the slot except for one that was 16”. Baits at least productive were the shad color rapala dt10 and a small bluegill color rage bug. Fishing did not produce any bigs this go around but I know they’re there! I know culling will help. Thanks again owner and PWF!

Nov 11 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I’ve been monitoring populations of fish in Athens and I think we are still about 2 weeks from the larger fish really moving up (or at least enough of them to make them regular targets).  I’ve been finding them still in 10FOW+ and lately, more grouped up in that area of water than a few weeks ago.  Perhaps it has something to do with them egging up early. 

This isn’t the case for every lake and certainly diverges from other non-FL areas of the country, but a general rule that I think applies in the fall transition.  Texas is weird because we have warm weather and this year it was really warm and has been generally warmer this fall than in years past.  That would seem to come to an end today though, so I’m excited to see what the next couple of months in the hopes that the cooler weather activates the remaining populations of fish to feed (beyond just the shortening of days) before our TX winter sets in.

Hoping for no dramatic freeze this year…

Nov 12 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

I’ve been monitoring populations of fish in Athens and I think we are still about 2 weeks from the larger fish really moving up (or at least enough of them to make them regular targets).  I’ve been finding them still in 10FOW+ and lately, more grouped up in that area of water than a few weeks ago.  Perhaps it has something to do with them egging up early. 

This isn’t the case for every lake and certainly diverges from other non-FL areas of the country, but a general rule that I think applies in the fall transition.  Texas is weird because we have warm weather and this year it was really warm and has been generally warmer this fall than in years past.  That would seem to come to an end today though, so I’m excited to see what the next couple of months in the hopes that the cooler weather activates the remaining populations of fish to feed (beyond just the shortening of days) before our TX winter sets in.

Hoping for no dramatic freeze this year…

Good to know! I would generally catch at least a couple of good ones on each trip but not that afternoon. It was kind of unusual for Six O. Possibly plan a trip in January or February.