Martins Mill-Lakeside 11.9.2022 Good video

Nov 15 2022

Ben Roberson

Fry

Number of Posts :

I went to Lakeside 11.9.22 mainly for relaxation before three days of upcoming business meetings.  This was my first trip to Lake Side and let me say that it is very nice and highly recommended.  As I said before, I didn’t really go to seek out large bass, but rather to just chill and relax.  While fishing off of the pier, I was catching Crappie and was able to capture the following video.  This had happened earlier in the day, but I couldn’t get to my phone in time to record.  The Crappie in the video was 11” after I got it out and measured it.  Any ideas on how big this bass might be?  I was guessing between 7-8 pounds but I’m far from being an expert.  I spent the night and the cabin is perfect.  I will definitely be back soon and more focused on fishing.

Update:  I can’t get the video uploaded for some reason.  There is no “embed code” on my YouTube under the video.  Will update when I get it figured out.

Updated update:  you have to right click on the video from Youtube to get the embed code.  It’s not coming up under the share tab.

Nov 15 2022

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

On your Youtube video, click share and you’ll find the embed code. Youtube made some changes in the past few weeks on the interface.

Lakeside seems to always have a 6 or 7 lb bass sitting under the dock. Excellent property.

Nov 15 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great video. Hard to say on the size of the bass. If that is a 11’ crappie it very well could be a 8 lb or slightly larger bass. The bass is hesistent as this is a giant meal and he want to swallow that crappie head first. 

Nov 15 2022

Ben Roberson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Great video. Hard to say on the size of the bass. If that is a 11’ crappie it very well could be a 8 lb or slightly larger bass. The bass is hesistent as this is a giant meal and he want to swallow that crappie head first. 

It was definitely a very healthy 11” Crappie.  Earlier in that day, two big bass like this were doing the same to another 10+” Crappie like I mentioned above.  They were both about the size of the one in the video.  I probably watched them for almost 2 minutes and when I went to get my phone, spooked them.  

Nov 16 2022

Rodney Schroeder

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ben Roberson

It was definitely a very healthy 11” Crappie.  Earlier in that day, two big bass like this were doing the same to another 10+” Crappie like I mentioned above.  They were both about the size of the one in the video.  I probably watched them for almost 2 minutes and when I went to get my phone, spooked them.  

Lake Side was one of the first lakes I fished after becoming a member about 11 years ago.  On that trip I picked up a floating bass of over 8 pounds that had drowned after having a large crappie lodged crossways in its mouth.  Had a picture that  sent I in but not able to find it now. I would have to say if there are any bigger than this one you better not fall out of the boat.

Nov 16 2022

Ben Roberson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Rodney Schroeder

Lake Side was one of the first lakes I fished after becoming a member about 11 years ago.  On that trip I picked up a floating bass of over 8 pounds that had drowned after having a large crappie lodged crossways in its mouth.  Had a picture that  sent I in but not able to find it now. I would have to say if there are any bigger than this one you better not fall out of the boat.

That sounds pretty cool.  I’d like to see that photo if you ever find it.