Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34327
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/18/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 fish all under 3#’s
Lures Used : TX rig zoom lizard

Signal ranch is a premier location and high tone with their service.  The work men made a camp fire since it was cold and the property is always maintained to perfection.  So if showing up and using someone's boat and just fishing is the expectation then signal sets the bar high.  Unfortunately I don't believe the fishery has been maintained as well as other lakes in the club.  Now before anyone beats me up I am not complaining or pointing fingers.  I'm just giving my assessment after fishing this lake over 10 times the last several years.  The water was low so the natural habitat for the bass was bare.  The fish sizes were all small and one was so small it looked like a yearling.  So I don't know if they don't have enough to eat or what but since I went the first time the fish sizes are going down.  I fished hard all day and the fish would not chase a top water, a crank bait or jerk bait.  The only thing I could get them to come after was the zoom lizard Tx rigged.  I even tried one of those A rigs because I was desperate to upgrade the fish I was landing but to no avail.  Thanks PWF.  Not complaining just wanted to give honest report that I believe it needs an electronic shock to see what they have.  Happy thanksgiving next week to everyone.  

Nov 21 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Just curious – what makes you think the lake isn’t as well maintained as the other lakes?

Nov 21 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Sam,

I understand your concern and I know you fish Signal as much as any member. This is one of your go to lakes in the club. This lake is managed by likely the leading lake managment company in Texas and has been for the past decade. I hope it was just a slow day and perhaps a slow last couple of trips. Like the title of your post “Expectations”. Catching 20 fish in mid November (water is as cold as a typical mid December trip) is not terrible, but likely no what you were expecting or hoping. I hope your next trip to Signal is better.