Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34443
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 12/04/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21 all between 2 - 4#’s
Lures Used : Crankbait and fluke with underspin

This lake is really cool.  Lots of cover around the edges and several spots marked with PVC. This was my first time and I only had half a day.  Weather was cool and cloudy so I just took my kayak around the edges and tried to figure it out.  Nothing on top water and nothing on soft plastics which is usually how I start.  Then I used an underspin set up with a strike king paddle tail swim bait, 3.75 in a natural color...it was game on.  This lake has lots of grass/cover and I would pull that swim bait through slowly and BOOOM, they were crushing it.  I put a picture of how they were swallowing it but it's not the best picture.  I definitely want to to go back and spend the entire day because it felt like as soon as I got the hang of it I had to go.  The fish were strong, fat and I never caught a drink.  Hard fighting good sized fish all between 2 and four pounds.  One hint for anyone else, I can't explain it but I would throw a natural color crankbait (dive to 4-6 ft) around the PVC markers and got a bite almost every time.  Can't wait to go back!!  Thanks PWF.