Steve Alston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34508
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 12/09/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 bass 1.5 lbs to 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Wacky Worm and soft baits

1. Heavy rains all night long iin the Clarksville area with fields holding water and bar ditches full.
  2. According to the weather service the rains were suppose to stop around 4/5 am that morning which is plenty of time to run off at the lake.
  3. Unfortunately it appeared that the rain had stopped not very long before i arrived at 10:am
  4. The field to the lake normally sheds water quickly and due to all the grass is safe to drive on.
  5. However, getting stuck put a huge damper on my fishing trip. 
  6. 2 hours later I was able to get the truck out and start fishing.
  7. Wind was calm, tempature mid 60’s and water stained to 3’ visability due to all the run off.
  8. Regardless I caught 11 bass all good size and one 4/5 pounder that I got to the kayak, at which time she jumped up, smiled and spit out my worm. Lol
  9. Thats the best part of fishing in a Yak. Up close and personal.
  10. Normally this lake would produce 20/25 good base per trip but, today the wind was calm and once again the lake was like glass. “Crap”
  11. We all know specific odds and outs for each of the individual PWF lakes, but no wind at this lake is the kiss of death.
  12. Like the rest of you I threw out just about everything with little response.
  13. However; how can I possibly complain as I had the entire lake to myself on a bueatiful day versus my buddy Joe and I fishing Ray Robers all day and fighting the crowds for a good spot and most likely only catching 5/6 fish between us. Lol