Dec 12 2022

Justin Jackson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34495
Property Name : Hidden Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/11/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20+ 2#-3#
Lures Used : Strike king KVD jerk bait, strike king gold red eye rattle trap, booyah pad chaser, reaction innovations worm, zoom fluke watermelon red.

We arrived somewhere around 8am. Drizzling rain off and on all day.  Fish were hungry! Caught over 20 fish mostly on the gold strike king KVD jerkbait. That was the go to all day.  I caught the fist fish while unloading the boats.  I was doing a test cast with my new Kistler series 1 reel.  Great start to the day! The bite was steady all day with just a few lulls towards late afternoon.  We found the fish to be shallower than expected most catches coming close to the bank.  Had a bit of luck in the shallow water where the creek comes in on the frog.  Ran several off as I paddled in the shallows.  Went back to the jerk bait after about a half hour or so and continued catching fish.  The biggest fish of the day was caught during our lunch break close the the little dock by the ramp.  Several fish were caught on the fluke in and around the lay downs and heavy brush.  Work bite was very slow but did manage one catch on the mega worm (my name for it). Pretty much kept going back to the strike king all day.  Finished the day working the bank between the boat dock and the damn.  Caught one in the red eye but went back to the jerk bait and continued catching fish. Mike caught the biggest but I caught the most...... not sure who won.  We called it a draw!