TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34506
Property Name : Crossroads Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/11/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 59
Lures Used : Crankbait, Trig rage bug, rattletrap, fluke, swimbait

Tried Crossroads again and it was so much better this time. It produced the most fish caught by myself. The grass was minimal this time around allowing me to fish the majority of the pond. The water level seemed normal and clarity was 3’ or so. Water temp was 61. Launched the property jon boat around 1230. The winds were 5-10 mph which helped me drift slowly along the flats and creek channel. The fish catching was turned on from the get go. I was catching them in 3’-12’ of water. I didn’t see a lot of bait flipping. Colors that worked for me were watermelon red and watermelon on the rage bug. Shad color & bluegill color worked on the swimbait. Tried flipping the trees but I didn’t have much luck. A lot of the bass were active along the flats and creek channel if vegetation was present. Most of the bigger bass were caught in 7’-12’ of water along the channel dropoffs and flats. More of the smaller bass were caught in the 3’-5’ flats. I was surprised how hard they hit the bait. I even had one jarred the reel out of my hand. And dang I missed it. Also, I don’t know if the pond was stocked with carp but I spooked a huge fish along the bank’s edge near the dam. I would think it was a carp because I was unable to catch a bass that shallow. Could it have been a huge carp or bass? The bass were so dense in each area that I was not able to fish the entire pond in 4.5 hours. Anyways, I ended up catching 59 bass and culling 32 (fish fry!). There were a few dinks but most of them were around 13”-16”. A few pics attached including the beaver. Got home and my daughter’s eyes lit up seeing the catch. She told me she wants to go next time. Finally, I want to say I am sorry for making deeper tire ruts on the property road to the pond. It was pretty slick coming in near the pond and coming out near the house. I had tried to keep the power down but coming out I was spinning worse. Planning to get terrain vs street tires on my next set. Other than that, it’s a great property and pond. Thank you owner and PWF!

Dec 14 2022

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That’s a heck of a day, congrats!  This lake doesn’t get much traffic, but with days like this, it looks like it is on the upswing and with some more culling will only get better.

Dec 14 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

That’s a heck of a day, congrats!  This lake doesn’t get much traffic, but with days like this, it looks like it is on the upswing and with some more culling will only get better.

Thanks Scott, I agree! It fishes much better when the grass wasn’t choking it or when the road wasn’t so muddy. Culling will definitely help to grow them big. Hopefully this sun dries it up for another trip with the family.