Raymond McKinney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34548
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/17/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1, 20"
Lures Used : crankbait

On the good side, i saw a bachelor group of 6 bucks on the way in. The biggest one will go 150”, and he just stood and stared at me as i went slowly past, the others were 125”-135”, but all healthy and unafraid. a good sign for the day i thought. launched and went to where i thought they’d be with the bait i thought they’d bite. 4th cast landed a 20”. i netted him as i thought he was bigger than that when i first saw him come up. somehow, just as I got the crankbait out of the net, i lost the rod and crankbait both over the side. i spent the next 5 hrs trying to catch the rod using every contraption i could think of with what i had with me. to no avail, its still down there. its special stuff to me so i’ll go back for a half day soon better equipped to snag it. a real rookie mistake and took the fun out of the day for me. But, I’ll go get it, and get over it. Lake appears to be almost full and water is a little stained. Lotsa ducks still pouring in there, gadwalls and scaup mostly. A few teal. The duck hunters did well today i’ll just bet. I remain truly grateful for the opportunity to enjoy this place and make bondhead mistakes sometimes. part of it. thank you sincerely to the ranch owners and pwf. 

Dec 22 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I feel your pain.  I left a combo on the bottom a few weeks ago…but I managed to save the crankbait.  Hope you manage to fish yours out.

Dec 28 2022

John Jordan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Felton

I feel your pain.  I left a combo on the bottom a few weeks ago…but I managed to save the crankbait.  Hope you manage to fish yours out.

Hey man , I have done that twice. the last time was at the Back of the Moon, but it was in about 6 ft of water. My grandson was laughing is butt off as grandad was flopping aroung in the water holding on to the boat and feeling for the rod. Finally I felt something poke me in the stomach, it was the rod standing stright up in the water, I got it an my grandson enjoyed my flopping around. Did you happen to drop a bouy where you lost your rod at six – o . I fish it a lot an will be glad to look if I knew where to look.