TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34550
Property Name : Crossroads Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/18/2022 PM - 12/18/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 28
Lures Used : Crankbait, Trig rage bug, rattletrap, swimbait

I went back with the wife & daughter, and the pond was still cranking out even with lower temperatures. Water temp was 50 degrees versus 61 last week. We fished for a few hours in the PM. The property road was still a little slick as you can see from the truck. The property jon boat was nice & stable and doesn’t leak. Most of the fish were caught from the duck blind on back towards the dam. Anything shallower didn’t produce. Find vegetation growth below and we found bass. I would say the more productive depths were 3’-7’ and deeper with grass. Still haven’t found the toad but culling will definitely help. Moreover, I was excited to find 25’ water in there. Got to meet one of the owners at the end, and he was very nice. He was inquiring about the health of the fish. He said the pond was super low a month ago. Now it is pretty much normal from all the rain and runoffs. Surprised how clear it was from it filling back up so quick, but happy to see it back to normal. We ended with 28 bass and culled 11. The bass fought hard and were healthy chunks. Plastics were most productive. I know I will be fishing solely because winter is coming. The girls don’t like cold weather, but I will be back! Thank you!