Matthew Peterson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34610
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 12/29/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 - 2-3 lbs
Lures Used : Success with drop shot senko and shad pattern swim bait

I arrived about 730 and fished all morning expecting to have a challenging day after the cold front. 

Weather was about 60 and no steam coming off the lake (except for far southeast corner near damn outlet) so I figure the water was somewhere in the 50s. Sky was overcast and the lake was like glass.  Still a good amount 

I threw just about everything in the tacklebox at different depths and retrieves.

Typically, weightless plastics, chatter baits slow on the bottom and swim jigs or swim baits have produced but today nothing seemed to work consistently.

Got one 2 pounder on a drop shot around 9 AM near the fence posts as the creek opens up into the main lake and another 2+ on a shad pattern 2” swim bait around 11 near the point with the trash can, stone fire pit, etc

With the clear, calm, cold water I was able to see some structure and contours I had not known about before so I am super excited to get back out there and fish some of those spots as winter goes on and we near spring!

As always, thanks to PWF and the property owners for allowing us these experiences! 

Jan 10 2023

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

I caught one bass the next day. The day after that though was pretty good. Wind direction is key at this lake I have noticed.

Jan 11 2023

Matthew Peterson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ford Rhodes

I caught one bass the next day. The day after that though was pretty good. Wind direction is key at this lake I have noticed.

I know I am gonna have a breakout day there soon, just need it all to come together!  That’s a great point about the wind direction, when I am out there it is usually coming out of the Southeast.  If you have any insights please share!