Jan 01 2023

Daniel Ortiz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34639
Property Name : Hill Country Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/30/2022 PM - 12/30/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 Bass all 14 inches and under
Lures Used : Dropshot, Keitech 2.8, or 3.3 Fat Impac on Slider Head or Underspin, and Magdraft Freestyle

Fished half day.  Left a litte late so fished from about 2:30 to dusk.  Overcast day with intermintent lite rain and sunshiine.  All fish caught were 14 inches and under.  1 with the dropshot with Flashtrix, 1  with the Charile Brewer Slider Head and 3.8 Ketech Swing Impact, 3 with the Charile Brewer Slider Head awith 3.3 Keithech Fat Impac, and 5 with the Zappu Bredy Weedless Underspin with 2.8 Swing Fat Impac.  Started out by lashing the two jon boats together so we could all fish together.  Had a good set up going and trolled out to 12 to 13 feet of water and anchored 30 yards or so off the main point or what could be consider the main point as the lake is way down.  (Note 2 feet below the end of the concrete boat ramp.)   Son caught one within 30 minutes and also My Daugher.  During this time we noticed that the little jon boat has a definate leak in the lower right corner at the bottom of the transom.  We motored back to detach the lil johnboat and dropped off my Son to fish from the bank.  We continued to fish the area we first anchored with no bites.  My Son walked all away around fishing the bank till he got to the mainpoint and he caught another dink with two other fish getting away.   After he caught that fish we move closer by the main point and to where the shore line drops off real steep to the lake and caught 7 more Dinks in the last hour of fishing to dusk   Also threw the Magdraft Free Style with no takes,  Note the bank around lake is real mudddy in places.  Son was walking and next step he was mid thigh deep in mud.  Lost both shoes. So watch your step if fishing from the bank.  Super day to be out fishing.  Looking forward to the next trip!