TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34685
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 01/03/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7
Lures Used : Jig, chatterbait, spinnerbait, crankbait, rattletrap, jerkbait

They were far and few, but this beautiful girl (photos) made the few worth it. I’m back at this great, clean, and easily accessible property for my first of 2023. I fished from 1230 pm to 530 pm. I can’t complain about 60 deg. weather in January. Water clarity was about 2’ and water temp was 53-54 deg. Winds were gusty at first but became manageable throughout the day. I threw the anchor once in a while. It was a little tough throwing soft plastics so I stuck with the fast moving baits like the spinnerbait and crankbait. I was also hopping and dragging the jig. Most fish were caught in 7’-14’ of water along the grassline, points, and brushpiles. They were not shallow. The south flooded timber was not successful like previous times. The humps yielded a couple of small bass. I worked hard for 7 bass including the long and very fat Pecan Gap gigantor. My digital scale was not working so weight unknown. I caught her cranking in 10’ of water. At first, I thought I was hung up on a tree branch. Then, it started moving. She basically covered my fish net lol. The water level was still down about 3-4’ shown from the photo taken near day’s end. I was hoping the water level was up from the rains but I guess not enough saturation to fill. I was still able to have a good time there as always. Thank you owner and PWF!

Jan 04 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That's a beauty!!

Jan 04 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

T-A-N-K. Way to go Tri! You the man.

Mark

Jan 04 2023

Kirk Balsley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

T-A-N-K. Way to go Tri! You the man.

Mark

It's a guess with a picture but that looks like an easy 8 lbs. plus. Fish is heavy all the way through the body. 

Jan 04 2023

Ken Addington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kirk Balsley

It's a guess with a picture but that looks like an easy 8 lbs. plus. Fish is heavy all the way through the body. 

Great fish man!  Congrats!

Jan 05 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ken Addington

Great fish man!  Congrats!

Thank you, gents! It was a nice way to start the new year!

Jan 05 2023

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kirk Balsley

Definitely looks like an 8+ for sure. Just based on the girth at the belly thru the tail, and fist to jaw ratio. What a beautiful fish!

Nice fishing.. and catching out there!

Jan 05 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great looking fish and in outstanding condition – love to see that.  

I have the length estimated at 24”-25” which is 8.2-9.4lbs by the book, but with the eggs/girth, could easily be above 10 – helluva way to start off the new year regardless.  

Jan 06 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Great looking fish and in outstanding condition – love to see that.  

I have the length estimated at 24”-25” which is 8.2-9.4lbs by the book, but with the eggs/girth, could easily be above 10 – helluva way to start off the new year regardless.  

Joshua and Alex,

I like how y’all put that, but I guess I’ll never know! 🤔

She was at least 24”, extremely thick throughout, and likely full of eggs.  She’ll probably be one of the first to spawn. This is why I fish!

Jan 08 2023

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Holy wow! Congrats!!