Jan 11 2023

Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34599
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/10/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 Bass to 6lbs.
Lures Used : Big-Blade Chatterbaits, Maxscent Generals and Missle Baits 6.5" Quiver

Headed out to Signal Ranch yesterday to see what the winter bite would be.  Pretty tough day by normal signal Ranch standards. Wind was blowing, water was high and visibilty was very limited.  Got there late as I had some business to attend to.  We only fished form 10:30am to just before 4pm. Only had one spot that gave up multiple Bass, 3 fish in about a 10 minute window.  Every other fish caught was isolated, the lone biter on that brush pile or aerator.  It was one of those days where if you thought you were fishing slow, you had to slow down even more.  The biters were there but the presentations it took to get them were super slow.  I never caught a Bass over 2 ½ but my wife had a 3 1/2 on a Chartruese Chatterbait and the big fish of the day, a 6 pounder on the Berkley General, and that Bass came from the small pond.  All others, but one were caught on the larger lake from one of the pontoon boats (I did have a small bass bite the Chatterbait from the dock first thing when we got there).  As always, the lake and it’s surrounding grounds were beautiful.  Great property.  Great boats, ready with batteries and trolling motors, and very good day all the way around.  I’ll be going back come Spring.