Marc Karstaedt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34766
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/13/2023 All Day - 01/14/2023 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 80+ Mostly around 2 lbs, one weighed in at 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Texas rigged Senkos and Lizards and medium diving crank bait

Had not Bass fished for a while so booked two days at K-Bar to warm up and sort through tackle etc. in preparation for the coming club trip to Mexico.

The morning of day 1 was cold and windy so chose not to put boat in water so bank fished Golden with the normal results (3 smaller Bass). Afternoon weather was better and Raymond, the Ranch Manager, helped me launch the boat on Gloden Pond and away I went. Things improved dramatically. It is a quarry pond, with the only structure being on the perimiter. With a boat I could attack it from all angles and effectively fish the drop offs where the fish are. Pulled in about 15.

Got an early start on Day 2 on Raymond Lake by boat. Same thing. Quarry lake with consistant mid lake depth of about 30’ and sharp drop off’s all around. Started fishing protruding trees and visible structure making consistant catches. Explored the whole shore line and had best results in NE corner (by the house with a dock) where I found a graduated drop off, submerged trees and natural structure. I stopped counting at 20 with the largest being 3.5 LBS caught with a medium depth crank bait.

In the evening I fished the SE corner and it was magic. The Bass had stacked some sort of bait into the corner and there was a feeing frenzy going on as the sun set. Raymond was fishing from shore and me from the boat and for about an hour we were catching fish almost every cast …..

Mexico here we come …. :)

Jan 15 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Marc congrats on the productive days! Hope your success translates on your trip to Mexico!

Question: are the two Jon boats on the bank near the waters edge and easily launchable at Raymond and Golden Pond? When I was last there they were no where close to the water at eithe tank.

Bob

Jan 16 2023

Marc Karstaedt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bob Scheidemann

Marc congrats on the productive days! Hope your success translates on your trip to Mexico!

Question: are the two Jon boats on the bank near the waters edge and easily launchable at Raymond and Golden Pond? When I was last there they were no where close to the water at eithe tank.

Bob

Bob,

They are heavy and the banks are steep so help is required. Luckily Raymond, the Ranch Manager, is only too happy to lend a hand and position the boats on the shore for us with his UTV.

Call or text him the day before on (832) 720-4272.

Marc