Jan 17 2023

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34806
Property Name : Old Oaks Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/15/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 / under half pound
Lures Used : senkos / zoom fluke / zoom speed worm / soft swim bait / swim jig / top water frog / spinnerbait

I fished half a day at the Old Oaks ranch on this overcast day, but the wind really took over after fishing an hour or two, making it even tougher. The bite was almost zero until the very end of the day in the far northeast channel (other side from dam) i caught 3 small bass with a fluke, and I was elated to get them….Up until then, i don’t believe anything had hit my lures.

I decided to bank fish,  with the wind up, but it was still a little challenging. The lake was grassy and weedy, and seemingly quite shallow, so if you go, prepare to use lures that work in the weeds and grass. Or go topwater. The water color was stained without much transparency, and didn’t see any bait fish while searching for bass. 

So although I didn’t have much luck this day, it was enjoyable. Nice ranch with plenty of cows that visited. Loved the century old Oak trees! 

Jan 17 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Garrett,

I don’t know why this tank always appears to be stained with very limited transparency. I’ve had the best results at this tank throwing plastics at the bank of the island and the dam. Especialy around the paritally submerged bushes and the few submerged tree laydowns. The upper part of the creek has also produced. I’ve also had some success throwing cranks and chatterbaits between the island and the dam.

Cheers

Jan 17 2023

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bob Scheidemann

Garrett,

I don’t know why this tank always appears to be stained with very limited transparency. I’ve had the best results at this tank throwing plastics at the bank of the island and the dam. Especialy around the paritally submerged bushes and the few submerged tree laydowns. The upper part of the creek has also produced. I’ve also had some success throwing cranks and chatterbaits between the island and the dam.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, Bob. Good information.

Garrett