Jan 29 2023

Justin Jackson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34859
Property Name : Hidden Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/29/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 most between 2 & 3#
Lures Used : Shimmy shaker, tube, square bill crank bait.

We had a great time fishing in the rain.  The old man smoked me,  of the 19 fish we caught I only caught 3. I let him win! (My story, I will tell it how I want) we got to the lake around 730 with a steady rain.  We started working the bank with little luck.  John switched to a white shimmy shaker and hit pay dirt. I quickly followed his lead and caught two decent fish back to back.  That was the only time all day I had the lead.  She picked up a green pumpkin tube and promptly but a fish in boat.... then another,  and another..... you see where this is going.  He found a rhythm and never looked back.  Most fish were caught on the shimmy shaker (chatter bait), followed by the tube and the square bill.  We had a great time even though we did not catch a giant we caught several over 3# and that is a great day in my book! 

Jan 31 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That’s a solid day and a great pic (won’t be seeing anyone in short sleeves in DFW area for awhile probably ๐Ÿ˜).

Feb 04 2023

Justin Jackson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

That’s a solid day and a great pic (won’t be seeing anyone in short sleeves in DFW area for awhile probably ๐Ÿ˜).

I got cold once the rain really set in.  My rain coat got in the way so I just scraped it.  John was putting a woopin' on me so I was not trying to waste time trying to be comfortable! Lol.  He won the day easily.