TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34956
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 02/05/2023 PM - 02/05/2023 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 23
Lures Used : Jig, spinnerbait, crankbait, rattletrap, frog

Got to hit the great Martins Mill Lake Side again. The water was up and stained. Fished for about 5 hours in the PM. Weather was in the 60’s but the water temp was 47-48 degrees. I didn’t bring my fiberglass boat this time but ended up using the property’s jon boat. I had forgotten this boat’s small and not 14’ as posted. I’m only 5’11 and 200 but it’s a little tippy with one. 2 people would not be fun lol. Luckily, I didn’t have my girls with me. It does have a leak somewhere at the middle of the transom. I had to put more weight on the front to keep the water from seeping in from the back. But foremost, fishing was good. I was using red and bluegill colors. It was a little slow at first until I figured them out. I was catching bass in 3-5’ of water in the grass. There’s a lot of green slime moss in the shallows. Rattletraps worked best in the 3-5’ depth. I was also catching bass in 10-13’ in the main channel from the dock to the dam. They were suspended and slow rolling a medium diving crankbait worked best. I didn’t try to carolina rig but I bet that would have worked. A lot of the bass were 1-3 pounds but nothing huge. I did have a couple of sizable bass pulled the hooks out right at the boat and didn’t get a chance to see them. My drag was too tight. Error I made not adjusting because I was flipping them in the boat. All in all it was a good outing considering water temps were below 50 degrees. Thank you owner and PWF!