Feb 10 2023

Richard Quigley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34984
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 02/09/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Five LMB
Lures Used : No weight added to a Southern sproat hook using one of the following plastic lures: 1) single tail grub/watermelon candy, 2) Zoom Fat Albert watermelon seed, & Zoomwhite ice salty super Flukedy,

Instructions provided to find Angel Lake were great. Access thru property to lake inspite of two days rain was fine for my SUV.  Fishing boat supplied was great. Weather was great, sunny and low wind. Lake was full from recent rain but clear and not muddy. Landed five very healthy LMB all large, several in the 20 inch class.  Also hooked two addfitional LMB which were also nice sized, but they got off. I found my weighted lures did not work at all so I shifted to just a Southern Sproat hook using plastic baits only. No additional weights--allowing them to slowly sink and then used notched slow retrieve.  With my watermelon grubs I landed three bass two of which were in the 20 inch range. When the grubs stopped working I shifted Io a  White Ice Saltly Super Fluke and landed two more LMB. Very nice, well cared for lake facility!!